of web experiences. You'll create a basic static web page about yourself and (optionally) deploy
it to the web. You'll:
* write some content and give it some structure with **HTML**;
* use **CSS** to adjust the layout and style of that content;
* optionally, push your website to GitHub with **git**.
Here's a sample sketch of what your page could look like:
* 4-ish hours of building our page.
* Optional: if you've worked with GitHub before and want to put your website online using Git and GitHub, we have instructions for that! (The curriculum has you keeping your site on your machine by default.)
This is just a rough guideline, not a mandate. Some steps you'll go over and some you'll go under. It'll all work out by the end of the day. :D
We're going to be working with:
(If you're experienced with the developer tools in another browser, that may work too.);
* The code editor of your choice.
* [or install a different editor](/installfest/editors)
Optional tools if you're deploying to GitHub:
* Your [GitHub](http://github.com) account.