What's a program? Operating system?
What's a framework?
- something that makes it faster to build an application because it contains most of the things you would commonly write
Workflow - how do you write a program?
- Learn about customer's requirements -> translate to "stories"
- Pick a story that seems doable and start writing code that does it
- Show your work to the customer, get feedback
- Based on feedback, adjust stories (customer's "up front" requirements vs. changes once they see something working)
- Once story is finished, go back to "pick a story"...keep going until you're done! (This is an example of looping!)
alternate programming intro
Basic programming structures - or, how to do the "start writing code" step
- variables - words that hold information
- types of information - text, numbers, collections
- operators - doing stuff with variables
- loops - doing the same action a bunch of times
- printing - to the screen, or to a file
Writing a simple program
- opening the editor
- opening the command line
- adding two numbers together, storing in a variable
- printing variable to the screen
- save and run